Week 1 - Introduction to OPA
- What is this program about?
- Who are we and what do we bring into this adventure?
- What are our goals?
Week 2 - Working openly
- Why work openly?
- What tools exist for open scholarship?
- How do open licenses work?
- How can we use social media tools for our benefit?
Week 3 - Translating Skills
- What skills do we already posess?
- How can we translate these skills into new fields?
- What is the language we can use to talk about our skills?
Week 4 - Networking
- How can we make more connections to people outside of academia?
- But I’m an introvert/hate being skeezy/don’t want to bug people.
- What is an informational interview for?
Week 5 - Finding Purpose
- What problems need solving?
- What matters to me?
- What are the pain points we can see in the world around us?
- How can we help?
Week 6 - Changing Identities
- Who are you outside of the academy?
- How do we respond to the question “What do you do?” when we don’t know?
- What if I’m overqualified?
Week 7 - Knowledge Sharing
- What tools do we have to share our knowledge?
- What could we develop that would help us find more ways to share our knowledge?
- What does scholarship and being a scholar look like outside of the academy?
Week 8 - Making a Contribution
- Sharing our final projects
- What will we continue to contribute as we go forward?
Beth M. Duckles
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0 Generic License